STAT Home Health
The STAT Home Health team isn’t just a group of people specialized in providing quality, professional at-home healthcare — we’re a support team ready to encourage and guide patients during every stage of their health journey. Experience STAT Home Health’s compassionate nursing and support services in the comfort of your own home. Whether you’re recovering from illness, surgery, or injury; or are receiving curative treatments like dialysis or chemotherapy, we’re here to help.
The STAT Home Health team provides care to patients throughout Louisiana, Southeast Texas, and the Florida Panhandle. As part of The Carpenter Health Network’s continuum of care, we provide specialized care according to individuals’ evolving needs — and provide each and every patient with the hope of a more independent tomorrow.
Professional home health care lets patients recover from and treat injury, surgery or illness in the comfort, peace, and security of their own homes.
At STAT Home Health, staff and services focus on at-home healthcare to help individuals undergo rehabilitative care while maintaining a high quality of life. Core home health services STAT Home Health provides include the following:
- General medical care & support
- Social services
- Therapy (physical, speech & occupational)
- Fall prevention & low vision support
- Anticoagulation, diabetes & medication management
- Post-surgery & CABG rehabilitation
- Advanced wound care
- Palliative Home Health
The STAT Home Health team features concerned healthcare professionals:
- Registered nurses
- Licensed practical nurses
- Certified nursing assistants
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Speech therapists
- Social workers
- Clinical dieticians
Our At-Home Healthcare Services
STAT Home Health’s team of compassionate, experienced healthcare professionals bring optimism and a “can do” attitude to every visit. STAT's professional home health services focus on reducing complications following injury, surgery or illness as well as increasing patients’ recovery rates. We also provide guidance and education to patients and their families — so no matter what challenges you’re facing, you can move forward with confidence and certainty.
By delivering specialized professional care directly to our patients' homes, we enable them to receive the services they need in the most comfortable setting possible.
STAT Home Health's at-home healthcare services fall into four categories:
1. Assessments: A thorough health and/or home assessment can help ensure patients receive the individualized care they deserve. The STAT team can provide at-home physicals and low vision or health assessments to determine whether an individual would benefit from home health care, and if so, which services would be most appropriate. We can also conduct a home environment assessment to identify potential challenges present in an individual’s home. Once we have conducted an assessment, a STAT caregiver will work with you or your loved one to ensure you can easily manage day-to-day tasks within your own home.
2. Specialized programs: STAT Home Health offers detailed programs to help patients in areas such as low vision management (for patients facing conditions such as glaucoma, inoperable cataracts, multiple sclerosis, and retinal tears); fall prevention (for patients looking to improve functional strength, balance, and gait, as well modify the layout of their home to meet their needs); medication management (to help patients identify medication side effects, learn to prepare medications, and create a medication routine); diabetes management (to help educate patients on how to manage diabetes, plan meals, and identify risks); and more.
3. Clinical care: At-home clinical care allows patients to recover and regain strength — without having to worry about leaving the comfort of their own homes. STAT Home Health provides a number of clinical services to help patients recover from injury, surgery, or illness, thus helping them better maintain good health and improve their quality of life. Clinical services include rehabilitative therapy, wound care, IV therapy, injections, anticoagulation therapy management, assistance with bathing/dressing/toileting, and more.
4. Education: Education is one of the best preventative medicines. The STAT Home Health team is trained to educate patients and their families in areas including special diets; diabetes; disease processes, reportable signs, and symptoms; ambulation and/or activities of daily living; self-administration of medications; and compliance with treatment plans.
STAT Home Health's Cancer Matters Program keeps the most important medical issue in your life where it belongs ... on the "front burner." Dealing with side effects and secondary illness caused by chemotherapy can cause delay in your important treatment. Your Oncologist, working with STAT Home Health, can keep the most important medical issues where they belong. Cancer Matters
For answers to frequently asked questions about STAT's Cancer Matters Program ... click here.
STAT Home Health provides professional home health services in the following locations:
- Baton Rouge
- Breaux Bridge
- New Iberia
- New Orleans
- Ville Platte
- League City
Dr. Zubin Damania, also known as ZDoggMD, is a thought leader and healthcare speaker. Dr. Damania has been a featured speaker at our annual End of Life Summit.