St. Joseph Hospice
St. Joseph Hospice provides peace, comfort, and dignity to those facing terminal illness — helping patients welcome each day with the hope and expectation of tomorrow. Established in 2002 and named in honor of the Patron Saint of a Peaceful Death, St. Joseph Hospice embraces the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of both the patient and their family.
Your personnel were like family members caring for their beloved ones.
-Family member of a St. Joseph Hospice patient
St. Joseph Hospice has service hubs and offices throughout Louisiana, Mississippi, Southeast Texas, and South Alabama. As part of The Carpenter Health Network’s continuum of care, St. Joseph Hospice provides specialized care according to individuals’ evolving needs.
What We Do
- Provide pain and symptom management
- Provide medications, equipment, and supplies related to the terminal illness
- Coordinate with physicians to decrease the need for 911 calls and hospitalizations
- Provide four levels of care based on patient’s needs: routine home care, respite care, inpatient care, continuous (crisis) care
- Assist with personal care (bathing, shaving, etc.)
- Help decrease anxiety, depression, and other common emotions associated with terminal illness
- Offer psychosocial, emotional, and spiritual support to patient and family
At St. Joseph Hospice, staff and services focus on managing the symptoms of an illness, helping patients maintain the highest quality of life possible and making sure that each and every patient is comfortable. At St. Joseph Hospice, patients’ needs are met through services such as:
- General medical care & support
- Intensive bedside hospice support (Crisis Care)
- Social services
- Physician visits
- Psychosocial and bereavement counseling
The team at St. Joseph Hospice is specifically trained for hospice care and includes:
- Board-certified hospice & palliative care physicians
- Registered nurses
- Licensed practical nurses
- Certified nursing assistants
- Medical social workers
- Non-denominational chaplains & pastors
- Bereavement professionals
Furthermore, through the St. Joseph Hospice Foundation, The Carpenter Health Network is able to provide assistance to those in need. St. Joseph Hospice Foundation is an active non-profit organization that provides assistance for terminally ill patients and their families throughout Louisiana, South Alabama, Southeast Texas, and the Mississippi Gulf Coast. To learn more, visit the St. Joseph Hospice Foundation website.